Scubapro Jacket BCD X-Black
Super Cinch Tank Band
Fabric: C 1000D/N 420D
QR Front Weight Integration
Weight Integration Back Trim
7 stainless steel D-Rings
QR Rotating Shoulder Buckles
2 Zip Pockets
Fully Adjustable Cummerbund
X-Black has been engineered to offer diving excellence on demand. This streamlined styled front-adjustable BC features a customised lift system on a semi-back flotation jacket along with sophisticated technology for versatility. Enhanced with innovative comfort and safety features, X-Black is for advanced & technical diving excellence on demand.
You’re floating in the water and ready to dive head first into the deep blue. The world the diver moves in is constantly changing. It is quite literally a fluid environment that calls for constant adaptation. The buoyancy compensator (BC) is the platform of the SCUBA diving system that provides flexibility and stability. It facilitates precise changes in underwater body position, allowing you to effortlessly see the world around you. SCUBAPRO offers three different categories of BCs offering different buoyancy behavior and trim under the water, as well as stability on the surface. All conform securely to the diver’s body to minimize drag and provide a comfortable, non-restrictive fit around shoulders and waist.
- AirFlex adjustable back buoyancy system enabling more lift & quick deflation combined with large capacity front adjustable bladder for added stability. Outstanding buoyancy control.
- Hydro-dynamic cut & special hi-grip foam paddding applied to cummerbund & shoulder interior, hugging you better for a perfect fit.
- X-Comfort broad shaped backpack with thick design padding for all diver types, yet light & easy to use, imperative for maximum comfort.
- Extra-flexible side pockets for expandable accessory storage & large teeth zippers for sturdier wear.
- Additional compartment on the right pocket for safety buoy or valuable devices.
- Patented quick-release weight system for extra safety & convenience.
- Expandable back flotation pockets for trim weight adjustment.
- High performance SCUBAPRO valves & Balanced Power Inflator ensure reliable and easy to operate inflation and deflation for controlled balance.
- Constructed with heavy duty ultra-durable Cordura 1000 on the outside and lightweight nylon 420 on the inside, for a a robust exterior & soft comfy interior.
- Cordura Color-Lock decreases wear from sun & water exposure.
- Carbon reinforced shoulders & pocket flaps, where you need added protection against wear & tear most.
- Heavy duty shoulder strap buckles & 7 stainless steel D-rings for sure versatility & safety.
- One-hand operation steel super-cinch tank band for easy to adjust security.
- Available in 5 sizes S - XXL.
- Front-adjustable jackets allow multiple variations of fit, regardless of the thickness of suit worn.
- Quick release adjustable shoulder buckles make this style BC very easy to put on and take off.
Buoyancy control & safety
Enabling the diver to react quickly to changing conditions and providing sufficient lift capacity are the necessary elements of a safe BCD jacket.
- Thanks to the new AirFlex Technology System and its high capacity bladder, T-Black provides the highest buoyancy lift of any of our T-line BCs. With its bungee enclosures, AirFlex offers extra stability and allows for quick deflation. All jackets need a minimum internal volume to allow sufficient air to be injected inside to reach neutral buoyancy and, when needed, to create lift for the ascent and flotation on the surface. European Union norms require a minimum lift capacity in relation to the size of the tank used, measured in kilograms. The right lift is a comfort and a safety issue because a jacket also needs to be streamlined to reduce drag in order to save energy when swimming.
- U.S. patented quick-release integrated weight system offers more comfort and convenience. Pouches accommodate up to 5kgb each, which is usually sufficient weight for a recreational diver using a wetsuit. They are secured in specially-designed pockets with oversized buckles that prevent weight pouches from falling out during the dive. Weight integrated pockets help to avoid sore hips and backache, usually caused by weight belts and are easy to handle even with thick gloves.
- Two expandable rear trim pockets counterbalance front weights and provide a well-balanced swimming position. Rear trim pockets are located on both sides of the tank and hold 1,5kg of non-releasable weights each. Together with the front weight they optimize diver‘s trim and adjust to various equipment requirements and diving conditions.
- 3-dump deflation system enables divers to dump air from a variety of underwater positions. Because divers are not always in an upright position when they need to vent air, SCUBAPRO jackets feature several dump valves at different positions: on the right shoulder, equipped with an easy to find lanyard handle; on the left shoulder, integrated in the corrugated hose; in the rear, at waist level, for a diver in head down position.
- Steel super-cinch tank band for easy adjustment and a secure grip on the tank. No other system offers the strength; security and reliability of SCUBAPRO’s proprietary stainless steel cam action buckle system. Engineered to allow both an easy adjustment and a secure grip on the tank.
- Available with Balanced Power Inflator (BPI) or optional AIR2. The compact SCUBAPRO BPI inflates and deflates at the touch of a button, featuring special soft touch, ergonomically shaped buttons for a good grip and easy one hand operation with gloves. A BPI is included on every SCUBAPRO jacket. The single-hosed AIR2 is an integrated balanced power inflator and an alternate air source. Great for travel, it eliminates the need for an additional hose.
A robust jacket is highly resistant to punctures and abrasion, and carries heavy load tanks without compromising longevity and comfort. SCUBAPRO achieves this by using the best materials, reinforcements and seam constructions.
- Robust aircell made of heavy duty Cordura 1000; lightweight Nylon 420 interior.
- Cordura Color-Lock creates essential protection against repeated sun and water exposure.
- Pockets and harness are made out of Cordura 500 and Polyester 1200 material with carbon reinforcement.
- High quality seam construction. SCUBAPRO was the first manufacturer to use a high tech method of welding to achieve a flawless seal on all jackets made from polyurethane backed nylon. The use of high power radio waves allows polyurethane material to bond without heat, resulting in a very strong and long-lasting seam.
- Heavy duty shoulder strap buckles.
Comfort & convenience
A comfortable jacket shifts the heavy tank load evenly to the divers’ hip area, away from chest and shoulders and offers soft interior padding. It conforms securely to the diver’s body to minimize drag and provide a nonrestrictive fit around the shoulders and waist.
- X-comfort backpack, broad enough for all diver sizes, includes thick design padding offering maximum comfort.
- Hydro-dynamic cut and hi-grip foam padding for cummerbund and shoulder interior ensure perfect fit and comfort.
- Flexible and expandable pockets for accessory storage do not compromise the streamlined shape.
- Additional external compartment on the right pocket for carrying a safety buoy.
- Seven stainless steel D-rings, 5 large and 2 small, for all your accessories.
- X-Black is available in five sizes: S to XXL.
- For maximum tank capacities see the 'Compare' option for specific SCUBAPRO BCDs.
Scubapro Jacket BCD X-Black Technical Information
|Type of flotation:
|Quick release (y/n):
|Integrated Weight System (y/n):
||Cordura 1000, Cordura 500, Polyester 1200, Nylon 420|
|Primary (integrated) & Trim weight capacity:
||Primary- 5kg each pocket; Trim-2,5kg each pocket|
Sizes Lift Buoyancy (N) Lifting Buoyancy (kg/lb) Max bottle size (l)
S 140 14.2 / 31.5 15
M 180 18.3 / 40.5 15
L 200 20.3 / 44.9 15
XL 230 21.4 / 51.7 15
XXL 250 23.4 / 56.2 15