- Dry ambient pressure chamber, providing better performance in cold water than any other diaphragm regulator. The diaphragm
design prevents the entry of water into the first stage mechanism and enhances a trouble-free operation, even in the coldest conditions.
- Patented finned cap with ribs acts as a radiator to increase the surface area of heat transfer from the water to warm the internal parts.
The balanced technology provides consistent performance at all tank pressures, at any depth and optimizes the second stage performance, thus allowing for effortless breathing.
MK17 EVO FIRST STAGE
AThis total sealing system also allows for a dry ambient pressure chamber which works to prevent freezing, provides better protection and improves performance, ensuring trouble-free operation no matter how cold or murky the water gets.
This new version is more compact than its predecessor yet delivers better breathing performance. Its improved internal design allows more airflow from the LP ports which have also been configured for optimum hose routing. It also offers an external intermediate pressure adjustment that allows technicians to maintain peak performance between service intervals without having to break down the first stage.
- Dry ambient pressure chamber, providing better performance in cold water than any other diaphragm regulator. The diaphragm design prevents the entry of water into the first stage mechanism and enhances a trouble-free operation, even in the coldest conditions.
- Patented finned cap with ribs increase surface area to maximise heat transfer from the water to warm the cold internal components.
- The balanced technology provides consistent performance at all cylinder pressures, at any depth and optimises the second stage performance, thus allowing for effortless breathing.
- Two opposite high pressure ports- The arrangement of high and low pressure hoses is crucial to diving comfort. Two opposite high pressure ports allow for an individual positioning of the first stage (pointing up or down). This allows the diver to position the gauges either on the right or left side and increases the freedom of movement for head and neck.
- Multiple low pressure ports- For ultimate freedom in the arrangement of low pressure hoses, the MK17 features four stationary low pressure ports, two of them HF. High flow ports deliver about 15% more air than conventional ports.
- DIN/INT first stage configurations- To ensure worldwide compatibility, all SCUBAPRO regulator systems are available in a 200bar INT version as well as 300bar DIN versions.
- Externally adjustable intermediate pressure- Allows authorised SCUBAPRO service technicians to quickly fine tune or make adjustments after maintenance without the need to disassemble the first stage.
Cold Water Diving with SCUBAPRO:
Diving conditions can be drastically different, including extreme cold water and outside temperatures, posing the possibility of a regulator “freezing”. Therefore, resistance to freezing is imperative for the diver. All SCUBAPRO regulator systems are CE approved for 300bar cold water diving. Some models go even beyond this super stringent qualification and have successfully been tested in extreme cold diving conditions at less than 2°C.
As a specific anti-freezing measure, SCUBAPRO engineers have designed a patented finned cap for both the MK17 and the MK25 first stages for optimal cold water diving. The ribs act as a radiator to increase the surface area of heat transfer from the water to warm up the internal parts that have been drastically cooled down by the gas pressure drop.
On the MK17, a dry ambient pressure chamber enhances the resistance to real ice cold water at any depth compared to other dry chamber diaphragm first stages.
For cold water diving, SCUBAPRO’s second stages feature precision moulded carbon fiber and technopolymer valve housing and components. They even exceed the CE cold water norm. In addition, these components contribute to their lightweight features and corrosion resistance.
|Air balanced flow-through piston:
|Classic downstream piston :
|Chrome plated brass body:
|Full titanium body:
|Nitrox compatible up to 100% oxygen concentration:
|Low pressure (LP) ports:
|High pressure (HP) ports:
|Swivelling turret with LP ports:
|Dedicated Nitrox EN144-3 DIN 232bar:
|Externally adjustable intermediate pressure: